Pages

Friday 17 July 2015

Genius Hour Intro

















I introduced Genius Hour to my class and they were so excited! I built suspense by putting up just one small image on my board at the beginning of the week. The students where so keen for me tell them what it was all about. 


I followed the suggestions of Chris Kesler and created a multimedia slide show (below) that lead the students to get even more excited.




I want to say that while I am really keen to implement Genius Hour in my room, there is alway trepidation with these kinds of huge shifts in student learning. There is always the possibility that it will crash and burn. However, as @burgessdave said last night, "It (teaching) is not supposed to be easy, it is supposed to be worth it."

What a great Wednesday afternoon. There was so much brainstorming happening, it was pouring.

I am looking forward to next week when the students will begin putting their ideas into inquiry questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment